Follow Me by Email

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baking Holiday

As yesterday was a public holiday and I had decided to give myself a nice rest from Etsy and painting, I decided to attempt to bake some healthy snacks (If theres nothing else to eat I head to the chocolate tin!) Now I must admit I am a terrible cook, so with a little help from my partner they came out okay for my first attempt. Recipe at the bottom of the page if you aren't already put off by my pics :) They do taste really good!






Almond Meal & Goji Berries Energy Bars


Ingredients:

2 C. almond meal
1 C. rolled oats
1/2 C. shredded coconut
1/2 C. wheat germ
1/4 C. pumpkin seeds
1/4 C. goji berries
8 Tbsp butter
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. honey
2 Tbsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Mix together almond meal, oats, coconut, wheat germ, and pumpkin seeds. Spread evenly on an ungreased    baking sheet.

2.  Turn oven on to 300 degrees (F). Place baking sheet into oven and toast for 20 mins while oven is heating.

3.  In the meantime, melt butter, sugar and honey in a small pan over medium-low. Mix and let simmer while dry mixture toasts. After 20 mins, remove syrup from heat and add vanilla. Stir.

4.  Remove baking sheet from oven. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add goji berries.

5.  Add syrup and stir thoroughly.

6.  Lightly grease a baking pan (I use coconut oil). Transfer your mixture to baking pan and press down evenly until well compacted.

7.  Bake for 20 mins.

8.  Remove from oven. Cut energy bars while still warm but do not remove from pan until completely cool.

Good Luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment