Almond Meal & Goji Berries Energy Bars
2 C. almond meal
1 C. rolled oats
1/2 C. shredded coconut
1/2 C. wheat germ
1/4 C. pumpkin seeds
1/4 C. goji berries
8 Tbsp butter
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. honey
2 Tbsp vanilla
1. Mix together almond meal, oats, coconut, wheat germ, and pumpkin seeds. Spread evenly on an ungreased baking sheet.
2. Turn oven on to 300 degrees (F). Place baking sheet into oven and toast for 20 mins while oven is heating.
3. In the meantime, melt butter, sugar and honey in a small pan over medium-low. Mix and let simmer while dry mixture toasts. After 20 mins, remove syrup from heat and add vanilla. Stir.
4. Remove baking sheet from oven. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add goji berries.
5. Add syrup and stir thoroughly.
6. Lightly grease a baking pan (I use coconut oil). Transfer your mixture to baking pan and press down evenly until well compacted.
7. Bake for 20 mins.
8. Remove from oven. Cut energy bars while still warm but do not remove from pan until completely cool.